Dental Implants and You
It is almost that time of year. The time of year where you and your family all get dressed in your finest matching outfits and head to the photography studio for your portrait. Your daughter and son love this time of the year–everyone coming together and smiling with a variety of props in different poses.
But for you, when you see the date approaching on the calendar, you groan. “That time of year again?” you mumble to yourself as you lay out your white t-shirt and blue jeans. You know exactly how you are going to ‘smile.’ A type of ‘smile’ where you only show your pursed lips and no teeth. “No one should have to see this missing tooth,” you say. “And this smile definitely not going to be remembered in a picture.”
If you or someone you know has one or missing teeth, then you should know that your options are not limited to dentures which slip or gaps in your teeth that everyone can see. There is new dental technology that not only gives you the durability to chew and speak normally, but allows you to have a natural smile as well.
Dental implants can help you live your life to the fullest. How can such a tiny implant make life so much better? You might be asking. The answers to those questions lie within Dr. Manon Hutchison’s blog, so keep reading to learn about how your smile can be transformed!
The Benefits of Implant Dentistry
The advantages of dental implants are virtually limitless, and with the additional bonus of over a 98 percent success rate, you can rest assured that your smile is going to be at its best. A dental implant is simply a replacement tooth root that is usually made of titanium. The implant attaches to your jawbone and then a small post is added to hold a prosthetic tooth. The replacement tooth is attached to the implant giving it the most secure base so you can eat, smile, and enjoy life naturally!
But what are the other advantages?
- Improved appearance: the look of dental implants matches the rest of your teeth providing you with a beautiful smile.
- Improved comfort- how many times have your dentures slipped? How many times have you felt discomfort during your day because of gaps in your teeth or dentures? With dental implants, you have a natural look and feel that you can trust.
- Improved speech- without misfitting dentures or missing teeth, your speech can actually improve meaning you can feel more confident when you are talking with others.
- Durability- because of the dental technology, dental implants are made to last. Dental implants are designed to fit your lifestyle, so you can live normally and smile tremendously.
If you think that dental implants could be a good fit for you, then do not hesitate to contact Dr. Manon Hutchison and the entire team. During your consultation, Dr. Hutchison will discuss your treatment options with you and evaluate if dental implants are right for you. All of this is done with your comfort and dental health in mind.
We look forward to showing you how life can be with a smile that you love! Give us a call today so we can discuss dental implants!
- Dr. Manon Hutchison. Dental Implants.http://www.hutchdentist.com/html/restorative-dentistry.html#dental-implants
- WebMD. Dental Implants. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/dental-implants
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.